-- AUDITIONING NOW --
Be part of something amazing
We are looking for interesting, unique people with a range of skills to join AVC. We want passionate young people who can express their individuality. If you want to join, we want to meet you!
We are looking for singers in YEARS 7-12 who:
- know how to have fun, but take their responsibilities seriously
- have at least 2 years voice training (private, choir etc.)
- love performing for audiences
- have the passion and desire to be part of the most exciting singing group in town!
How To Join
To join AVC, you are required to meet us for a short, friendly interview, followed by an audition. The whole process will take approximately 20 minutes.
At the interview we will ask you some simple questions that help us get to know you a little. We'll ask you about:
- your music background
- your performance experience
- what you want to bring to AVC
The audition will consist of:
- preparing and performing an a capella interpretation of the traditional song, Swing Low, Sweet Chariot – click here for the sheet music
- performing a song (or part of a song) of your choice that shows us what you can do
- aural and rhythm exercises
- short sight singing exercise
Bring your A game to your audition. We want to see what you can do. Try to learn lyrics off by heart. If you've only had short notice for your audition, we'll be even more impressed.
Pro tip - don't just sing for us. Perform for us! We want to see that you can PERFORM a song, not just sing it.
AVC is not just a singing group, we welcome other instruments at the audition. If you can dance, we'd love to see that too. We want to see what you can do!
We want people who love to perform – so show us what you're made of!
Before The Audition
Before audition day, please look at our website and our YouTube channel to get an idea of what the group is about and the sort of music we make. We want to see that you understand a bit about AVC before we meet you.
After The Audition
If your audition is successful, we will offer you a probationary place in the group. The probation period is up to 4 weeks. We use this time to make sure the new member's voice blends well with the group and is a good fit.
By the end of the 4 weeks, we will let the new member know if a full, ongoing place is to be offered. At that point the $220 membership fee will be invoiced. There are no ongoing fees beyond the membership fees.