-- DATES TBA --
Be part of something amazing
We are looking for interesting, unique people with a range of skills to join AVC. We want passionate young people who can express their individuality. If you want to join, we want to meet you! We are looking for singers aged 12 to 25 who:
- know how to have fun, but take their responsibilities seriously
- have at least 2 years voice training (private, choir etc.)
- love performing for audiences
- have the passion and desire to be part of the most exciting singing group in town!
How to Join
To join AVC, you are required to meet us for a short, friendly interview, followed by an audition. The whole process will take approximately 20 minutes.
The audition will consist of:
- preparing and performing an a capella interpretation of the traditional song, Swing Low, Sweet Chariot – please find the sheet music here
- performing a song (or part of a song) of your choice that shows us what you can do
- aural and rhythm exercises
- short sight singing exercise
Bring your A game to your audition. We want to see what you can do. Try to learn lyrics off by heart. If you've only had short notice for your audition, we'll be even more impressed.
Because AVC is not just a singing group, we welcome other instruments at the audition. If you can dance, we'd love to see that too. We want to see what you can do!
At the interview we will ask you some simple questions that help us get to know you a little. We'll ask you about:
- your music background
- your performance experience
- what you want to bring to AVC
We want people who love to perform for AVC – so show us what you're made of!